Jackie Battaglia

Save Date: 05/21/2006

On May 21, 2006 my husband and I were invited to our daughters home for dinner. I had told her that there were things that needed to be done here at my house and I didn't think I would be coming but her father would come. She gave me a little bit of a hard time....and it's a good thing she did. I would have been alone and certainly would have died if I hadn't been at her house with the family. I don't remember much of anything after pulling out of our house.

I will continue as it was told to me by several family members. We arrived at my daughters home and had dinner. I helped clean up and played with the children. My daughter and I went outside to look at her garden and when we came back into the house she went upstairs to get a book that I was interested in reading. My husband and son-in-law were in the family room watching television. When she came down from getting the book she said that I was at her kitchen table with my head in my hands. I began to fall over...she screamed and my husband came running. They put me on the floor at which time I began a rattle breathing. My husband and daughter froze. They didn't know what to do. My son-in-law promptly began CPR while dialing 911. There was a police cruiser in the area with a defibrillator. Thank God for the quick response of the police and EMTs. And most of all thank God for my son-in-law.

I had been having problems with PVCs for several years. I had been having different feeling attacks for an entire year before my arrest and had been to several doctors and had many tests done. I was told that they were benign PVCs and they couldn't kill me. What happened is that I was going into ventricular tachycardia. That particular day in May, I went from V-tach to V-fib within seconds. My heart stopped. I have no memory of the attack and I also lost 5 days of my life. I was in critical condition because not only did my heart stop, I also aspirated my stomach contents into my lungs. It was touch and go for a few days. My first memory was waking up in a hospital room and asking what happened. I now have a defib/pacer implanted in my chest.

Due to the quick response of all the above mentioned people I am here to tell my story. I thank God everyday for giving me a second birth so that I can enjoy my family, six grandchildren and friends hopefully for many years to com.

Jackie Battaglia
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania 15044 (suburb of Pittsburgh)

In the News

None at this time.

All News Stories »